b'B I R F E B 2 0 1 2 - H B . p d f P a g e 1 3 / 0 2 / 1 2 , 1 : 1 8 P MThinking of building or renovating?You need one of theseRestricted Building Work needs Licensed Building Practitioners.A Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) is a designer, carpenter or trade specialist* whose skills have been approved to carry out Restricted Building Work (registered architects, chartered professional engineers, registered plumbers and registered gas tters are considered to be already licensed). As a general rule, Restricted Building Work is residential design and construction work that will require a building consent from your Council. There are a few exceptions to this and these can be found on our website.ALL Restricted Building Work MUST be carried out or supervised by an appropriately licensed LBP. Thousands of design, building and trade professionals are already licensedyou can check if your chosen suppliers are LBPs by visiting the website below.Build with con dence and get LBPs on your job.Find out more atwww.builditright.govt.nzBIRFEB2012-HBT*Trade specialists that need to be licensed for Restricted Building jobs are: roofers, brick and blocklayers, external plasterers and foundations specialists.'