Discover your style personality
Take our quick quiz to help determine your style personality then find colours and ideas to inspire you.
After taking the test, you may find you fit with more than one style. For example, if you like the gritty honesty of the Industrial Urban personality, you may also be just at home with the earthiness of the Country Rustic. There are also deviations within each personality, for example, you may identify as Classic Chic but be more in tune with a Parisian apartment look. Or you may be a Classic Chic who likes a restrained New Nordic style.
The results are displayed at the end of the page!
1. Where would you most like to live?
- In a comfortable suburb near good amenities
- By a lake in the woods
- In a castle
- In an up-and-coming suburb
- A Hansel and Gretel cottage
- In a converted warehouse or loft apartment in the city
- In an architecturally designed house
- On a large rambling section with a big vege garden
- By the sea
- I don’t want to commit to where I would live
- Somewhere I can create
- In a rammed earth home
2. Which type of food do you like to eat?
- I don’t eat
- Hearty stew and mashed spud
- Something trendy
- A picnic
- Gastro-pub food
- Something stylish from the latest food magazine
- Cheeses with crusty bread
- Barbecue food
- Tapas or a good curry
- I can live on air and love
- Vegan or vegetarian food
- 5-star hotel fare
3. Which colours appeal most?
- Any shade of beige or cream will do
- Soft, misty colours
- Colours of the realm: red, green and gold
- Pops of bold, happy colour
- Soft gelato shades
- Grey and more grey
- White and black
- Dreamy shades of egg-shell blue
- Oceanic blues and greens
- Spicy exotic colours
- A kaleidoscope of all colours
- Timber’s a colour, right?
- Jewel tones (as well as the real thing)
4. Your drink of choice?
- Crisp white wine
- Red wine
- Gin and tonic, or a designer cordial
- A cup of tea
- Neat scotch
- An espresso
- Apple cider
- A lager
- A yoghurt lassi
- Sparkling water
- A kale smoothie; the greener the better
- A cocktail: the more umbrellas the merrier
5. What home accessories and furnishings would you choose?
- Anything as long as it’s tasteful
- Simple timber furniture
- Large oil artworks and chunky sofas
- Eames chairs and George Nelson lights
- Something old and upcycled
- Galvanised metal bar stools
- Not a lot – less is best
- An old oak table and sideboard
- A longboard on the wall and wicker chairs
- Holiday snaps and comfy floor cushions
- Something I made myself
- An arrangement of mossy twigs and flax flowers
- Anything shiny
6. Which fabric or material appeals most?
- Fine-woven linen
- Plaid or florals
- An Orla Keily print
- Gingham and vintage fabrics
- Rough hemp
- Crisp cotton
- Mattress ticking
- Sheers and canvas
- An ikat print
- Something I printed myself
- Recycled tea sacks
- Silk and velvet
7. What is your ideal pet?
- Siamese cat
- Husky or a reindeer
- Hunting dog
- A kitten
- A Great Dane
- Cornish Rex (bald) cat or a griffin dog
- No animal should be ‘kept’
- A pound pup or chickens
- Lap dog
8. Which best describes you?
Want to get your own free copy of future issues of Habitat magazine?
If you have an idea, project or story that you think would suit Habitat plus, we’d love to hear from you. Please drop us an email with your details and include photos if submitting a project.
Habitat plus are not mailed directly. They are available free from Resene ColorShops and resellers while stocks last and available for viewing online.